Jeff, Dylan, and Adam take a an in-depth look at a disaster film (or maybe more appropriately: a disaster of a film?) Left Behind 2014 starring Nicolas Cage. This film is loosely based on the book of the same name and portrays what would happen in a world where Nic Cage is a pilot and experiences the rapture. The Divine Cinema co-hosts talk about all the ins and outs of the film and try to figure out what is missing from it; besides all the people that got raptured that is.
LEFT BEHIND (2014) PLOT SUMMARY
Ray Steele (Nic Cage) is an airplane pilot who is struggling to deal with his wife’s recent conversion and seeming obsession with Christianity and end-time prophecies. While he’s mid-flight a number of passengers (including all the children) suddenly disappear. The flight crew and the passengers who are “left behind” try to make sense of what has happened and deal with new dangers that arise from the world-wide disappearances. Meanwhile, Ray’s daughter, Chloe, home from college to visit the family, deals with the chaos on the ground as hundreds vanish, including her own little brother. Near-misses and confusion abound, in more ways than one.
This show spun off from Irenicast, a podcast serving up conversations to provoke your progressive Christian imagination. Irenicast features regular conversations between post-evangelical ministers Jeff and Allen, interviews with artists and thought leaders, developments in American religion, political diatribes, and a variety of segments. New episodes post on the first and third Tuesday of each month. If your faith is in process and you're looking for a place to work it out loud, then Irenicast is for you.
Past Divine Cinema Episodes (aka Divine Prequels)
- Christian Mingle The Movie – A Divine SINema Review – 099 (Irenicast Episode)
- Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas Review – Divine SINema Series – 095 (Irenicast Episode)
- A Movie Review of If Footmen Tire You What Will Horses Do? – A Divine SINema Episode – 091 (Irenicast Episode)
- God’s Not Dead 2 Review – Divine SINema Series – 086.5 (Irenicast Episode)
- A Critical Analysis of God’s Not Dead – Divine Sinema – 082.5 (Irenicast Episode)
From Our Review of Left Behind (2014)
- The End of the World As We Know It? – Arma-gettin’ It On (Irenicast Episode #045)
- Vic Armstrong (Left Behind 2014 Director)
- The Family Man (2000 Film, Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Left Behind (2000 Film, Amazon Affilaite Link)
- Settlement Brings End to 9-Year ‘Left Behind' Dispute (Article)
- Martin Klebba (Actor, Little Person)
- Jordin Sparks (Singer, Actress)
- Left Behind Book Series by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (Books – Amazon Affiliate Link)
- The Da Vinci Code (2006 Film, Amazon Affiliate Link)
- A Thief in the Night (1972 Film, Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Armageddon (1998 Film, Amazon Affiliate Link)
- The Leftovers (HBO Series, Amazon Affiliate Link)
Thank you for listening to Divine Cinema. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or on whatever platform you’re listening.
You can also help support the show financially by going to DivineCinema.net/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
OUR NEXT MOVIE
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Let us know what you think about the show and/or suggest a movie you’d like us to review in the future. Any and all feedback is welcome. Contact us through the following links…
Email Us at email@example.com
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Us on Facebook
Listen & Subscribe to Us on iTunes, Google Play, Android, Stitcher, TuneIn, Spreaker and SoundCloud
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon